At LinkedIn, we trust each other to do our best work where it works best for us and our teams. This role offers both hybrid or remote work options, meaning you can work from home and commute to a LinkedIn office, depending on what’s best for you and when it is important for your team to be together, or this role can be performed remotely in most locations in the country of employment.
LinkedIn's Content Design discipline is a small but growing team, and you can bring your point of view, talent, and passion to help shape our consumer and enterprise experiences. We’re looking for someone who loves making products great by using simple, clear language, can design content with an authentic, human voice, and is energized by the challenge of building a new discipline at an established company.
This is a brand-new role that’s a blend of content design and conversational design. You’ll be a content designer whose main focus will be creating the content for chatbots across our enterprise products.
You’ll join a team of content designers who:
- Influence strategy and tell LinkedIn’s story by collaborating with cross-functional product teams, creating innovative experiences, and designing language that speaks directly to our members and customers
- Play a key role in crafting the user experience, working with designers, product managers, product marketers, user researchers, engineers, localization professionals, brand marketers, and other stakeholders
- Help shape and evolve the Content Design discipline at LinkedIn, including developing processes, structure, and design systems
- Deliver LinkedIn’s vision, to create economic opportunity for every member of the global workforce, and our mission, to connect the world’s professionals to make them more productive and successful
- Design interaction flows for chatbots
- Write natural-sounding dialogue and supporting content for chatbots that upholds the LinkedIn brand voice and tone
- Collaborate with researchers, product designers, content designers, product marketers, localization, and legal representatives to ensure our chatbot content is consistent, natural-sounding, compliant, inclusive, and accessible
- Research and recommend conversational tools
- Document and demonstrate processes, workflow, feedback history, and decisions
- Contribute to content guidelines, develop content patterns, and evolve our voice and tone guidelines
- Work with a global lens to deliver consistent content experiences across the product ecosystem
- Identify opportunities for content design involvement within the business area
- Present case studies to the team, business area, and larger Design organization
- Create and influence processes to streamline production in the business area
- Coach other disciplines in content/conversation design collaboration and practices
- Provide tools, talks, tips, and forums to communicate value and elevate the writing of the entire team
- To be considered for this position, you must include your portfolio, website, or other samples of work
- 5+ years of experience planning, writing, editing, and creating content strategy for web and mobile
- 3+ years of experience developing interaction flows and dialogue for conversational UI
- Background in UX and experience collaborating with design and user research
- BA or advanced degree in Journalism, English, Communications, or related discipline such as Human Computer Interaction
- Experience with writing for both consumer and enterprise audiences
- Experience working on a global product
- Expresses a point-of-view through writing or speaking on topics related to content design
- Demonstrates ability to influence decisions on other projects within their business area and across a larger organization
- Experience in creating clear, engaging presentations and documentation for stakeholders and key audiences
- Effectively communicates the content experience to executives and stakeholders
- Demonstrates an understanding of and empathy for other disciplines and points of view
- Wants to contribute to LinkedIn’s mission and vision
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
LinkedIn is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices.
As required by C.R.S.
- 8-5-201(2): (Colorado only) The minimum pay for this role is $144,000.00. Actual compensation packages are based on a wide array of factors unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, years & depth of experience, certifications and specific office location. This may differ in other locations due to cost of labor considerations.
The total compensation package for this position may also include annual performance bonus, stock and benefits. For additional information, visit: https://careers.linkedin.com/benefitsAdditional Information
Equal Opportunity Statement
LinkedIn is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. LinkedIn considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class. LinkedIn is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer as described in our equal opportunity statement here: https://lnkd.in/equalemploymentopportunity2017. Please reference the following information for more information: https://legal.linkedin.com/content/dam/legal/LinkedIn_EEO_Statement_2020.pdf. Please reference the following information for more information: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf and https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf for more information.
LinkedIn is committed to offering an inclusive and accessible experience for all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. Our goal is to foster an inclusive and accessible workplace where everyone has the opportunity to be successful.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to search for a job opening, apply for a position, or participate in the interview process, connect with us at [email protected]
and describe the specific accommodation requested for a disability-related limitation.
Reasonable accommodations are modifications or adjustments to the application or hiring process that would enable you to fully participate in that process. Examples of reasonable accommodations include but are not limited to:
- Documents in alternate formats or read aloud to you
- Having interviews in an accessible location
- Being accompanied by a service dog
- Having a sign language interpreter present for the interview
A request for an accommodation will be responded to within three business days. However, non-disability related requests, such as following up on an application, will not receive a response.
LinkedIn will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by LinkedIn, or (c) consistent with LinkedIn's legal duty to furnish information.
San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, LinkedIn will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
As a federal contractor, LinkedIn follows the Pay Transparency and non-discrimination provisions described at this link: https://lnkd.in/paytransparency.
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates
Please follow this link to access the document that provides transparency around the way in which LinkedIn handles personal data of employees and job applicants: https://legal.linkedin.com/candidate-portal.