Allstate UX is a team of creative problem solvers and enthusiasts in human-centered design. We are product designers, content writers, researchers, and visual designers. Here’s what you can expect from a UX career at Allstate:
- You'll break new ground to create innovative solutions that live into our customer value proposition.
- You'll work in a collaborative environment that builds you up and supports long-term growth in your skills and career.
- You'll contribute to systems and products that have a real impact on our business and on the millions of people who use our designs.
We build products to help protect people from life’s uncertainties. Are you up to the challenge?
The Senior Conversation Designer uses human centered design methods to create industry-leading experiences from ideation to launch of a product or service. Daily, you’ll partner with other UX practitioners and leaders, engineers, developers, product management, and a variety of business partners to create innovative solutions that meet both user needs and key business objectives.
The Senior Conversation Designer crafts, plans, develops, and evaluates new product and service concepts, enhancements to existing products and services or strategic product extensions, often working in high-profile and complex projects. They partner with research insight teams to gather and understand data and insights to inform products and services as well as test prototypes with end-users. This role is unique in its emphasis on conversation design (including chat, voice, and virtual assistant) and creating consistent, innovative experiences across channels.
When it comes to the Senior Conversation Designer’s tool chest, they have expertise in communicating clearly and building concepts using sketches, online whiteboards, journey maps, site maps, navigation designs, user flows, information organization models, wireframes, prototypes, and other specifications that communicate experience and design intention. They incorporate human-centered design methods to both expand the scope of possibilities and converge on a hypothesis-based solutions that meet both user and business needs.
- Create conversational flows and tune for machine-human conversations
- Model how to use human-centered design approaches to frame problems, uncover patterns, discover opportunities, and visualize possibilities
- Communicate clear, focused user experience concepts for products during all stages of the design process using deliverables such as wireframes, flow diagrams, storyboards, and prototypes using industry software like Axure, Botmock, Figma, Sketch and Invision
- Collaborate within product teams – assess and prioritize opportunities, constraints, and features - advocating for the end user while balancing the negotiation of priorities and business goals
- Facilitate feedback loops through frequent and appropriate user research, testing, and metrics analysis
- Continuously grow your depth of knowledge and apply it to evolve or craft new product opportunities, including information architecture, research opportunities, and platform capabilities.
- Collaborate with product owners, engineers, and cross-functional stakeholders to understand experience and technology requirements to provide creative and thoughtful solutions
- Measure your design solutions with metrics that matter; ensure qualitative and quantitative data is captured and used appropriately to inform decisions
- 5+ years as a UX conversation designer, UX designer, UX writer, or content strategist in highly collaborative environments
- Experience in building user-centric conversation experiences (Chat, voice, or SMS) in an agile environment
- Proficiency in linguistics, intent and holistic tuning, intent development, design methods, interaction design, information architecture, user research, prototyping, and/or content design
- Extremely passionate and knowledgeable about conversation design, interaction design and information architecture as disciplines
- Understands the constraints of technology platforms: Natural Language Processing, Responsive Web, and Internet of Things (IoT)
- Proficient in Azure, Botmock, or other design and prototyping tools
- Excellent communication, organization and time management skills
- Experience facilitating a wide breadth of human-centered design methodologies
- Trained in linguistics, English, information sciences, psychology, human factors, or human-computer interaction
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in the following is a plus: Design, Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), Interaction Design, Information Sciences, Psychology, Human Factors, and/or Computer Science
- Experience designing in insurance, financial, or highly regulated verticals is a plus
- Knowledge of both iOS and Android platforms a plus
- Must be able to share work that conveys depth and breadth of previous design work
Compensation range for this position is $115,000 - 135,000 per year, based on experience and qualifications.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy. For a full description of Allstate’s benefits, visit allstate.jobs/benefits/
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.