Client: Fortune 100 Company
Title: Senior Conversation Designer/AI NLU Chatbot Trainer
Contract: 12 months
Chance to Extend: Yes
Chance to Convert: Eligible to convert as a full time employee at any point during the contract period
Shift: M-F 40 hr work week
Number of openings: 2
Eligible to enroll in Apex benefits during contract period
Hours worked = hours paid during contract period
Will be leading efforts around AI chatbots functionality for automated call/IM chatbots that customers interact with while shopping for insurance products over phone, mobile app or website. Will be leaned on to advise business on the technical roadmap around NLU capabilities along with implementing complex dialogues to improve bot cognition
Day to day responsibilities:
- Lead the conversation design process and user experience design with a variety of stakeholders across the organization.
- Conduct workshops with sample dialogue, intent mapping, customer testing, and educate other team members on conversation design best practices.
- Create conversational workflows and strategies based on user feedback, research, and data.
- Design basic FAQs, converting existing experiences into conversational flows, and design transactional dialogues in a chatbot, search capability, and IVR system.
- Work with the business and IT to help developers understanding API requirements that deliver key information to a conversational interface.
- Design new use cases with the conversational team, validating the design and applying conversational writing principles to ensure a great customer experience.
- Understanding AI and NLU with grammar improvements to enhance and/or optimize an experience.
- Deliver high-quality work in a fast-paced, always-changing environment while continuously evolving the conversation design process.
- 2-4 years of experience in conversational AI, computational linguistics, copywriting, or conversation design (e.g., voice assistants, chatbots, IVR, etc.)
- Display a portfolio of previous work, conversational flows, or UX designs
- Experience working in financial services or insurance
- Certification in Conversation Design, NLU or Grammar Training
- Experience with Voiceflow, DialogFlow, Nuance, Google CCAI, Visio, Amazon
- 2-4 years of experience in training NLU or ML models
- Understands complexity of training data, confidence scoring and improving NLU models