The Siri Conversational Interaction design team is seeking a highly experienced interaction designer to develop new Siri behaviors and features, and to improve the usability and utility of existing ones.
- 4+ years work experience in interaction design for consumer products Master's degree in HCI, Interaction Design, or related discipline, or Bachelor's degree with extensive work experience Proven experience in articulating, negotiating, and refining design solutions with partners Demonstrated experience collaborating with software engineers and other development team members
- Excellent visual, written, and verbal communication skills
- Strong abilities in sketching, mocking up, and evaluating interaction design
- A strong portfolio demonstrating both personal and team-based work
Siri designers apply a broad range of user experience design skills to envision, design, and specify conversational behaviors. They analyze content domains, create scenarios and use cases, define verbal query patterns, determine interaction flows, create design specifications, and write Siri responses. And they work collaboratively on multi-disciplinary, cross-functional teams with people from speech, natural language, human interface, server and client engineering, localization, editorial, marketing, project management, data science and other specialties. Experience with conversational interaction design and its related technologies (natural language understanding, speech recognition, dialog generation, and speech synthesis) is highly desirable. You also have considerable experience designing for mobile devices and services, and are adept at synthesizing requirements, constraints, and multiple points of view to create useful and delightful conversational experiences. Finally, you advocate for design at all stages of the work and at all organizational levels, and demonstrate a history of close and productive collaboration with software engineers and engineering managers.
- Proven experience designing voice-operated user interfaces or conversational agents
- Expertise in qualitative user research methods and research analysis
- Expertise in creating, conducting, and analyzing usability evaluations
- Interactive prototyping skills
- Technical writing and communications design
- Fluency in one or more non-English languages
Education & Experience
BS degree in HCI or related field, or equivalent work experience is preferred