Would you like to play a part in shaping a product that is radically changing how people use technology? Join the Siri Conversation Interaction team at Apple which helps build groundbreaking experiences for artificial intelligence. Come work with the team who built the intelligent assistant that helps millions of people get things done — just by asking!
Our design team applies a broad range of user experience design skills to envision, craft, and specify conversational behaviors. We analyze content domains, build scenarios and use cases, define verbal query patterns, determine interaction flows, build design specifications, and write Siri responses. We collaborate with multi-disciplinary, cross-functional teams, with diverse backgrounds in speech, natural language, human interface, server and client engineering, localization, editorial, marketing, project management, data science, and other specialties.
- 4+ years work experience in interaction design for consumer products
- Expertise in information design, information architecture, and/or content strategy
- Proven experience in articulating, negotiating, and refining design solutions with partners
- Demonstrated experience collaborating with software engineers and other development team members
- Excellent visual, written, and verbal communication skills
- Strong abilities in sketching, mocking up, and evaluating interaction design
- A strong portfolio demonstrating individual and team-based work
- Voice-operated user interface or conversational agent design
- Knowledge base design, knowledge management, or digital asset management
- Design for data and machine learning capabilities
- Qualitative and usability research planning, execution, and outputs analysis
- Interactive prototyping and storyboarding
- Technical writing, documentation design, and/or communication design
- Fluency in one or more non-English languages
Our designers help people make sense of the world around them. We are detail-oriented, have a passion for information, and delight in diving into ontologies and taxonomies.
We are seeking an interaction designer to create new and improved Siri behaviors and features. As our ideal candidate:
You have experience with conversational interaction design and its related technologies, including natural language understanding, speech recognition, dialog generation, and speech synthesis.
You are adept at collecting and synthesizing diverse requirements, constraints, and points of view into useful and delightful conversational experiences.
You are a strong advocate for design at all stages of the work, at all organizational levels, and demonstrate a history of close and productive collaboration with product managers, software engineers, and engineering managers.
Education & Experience
BS degree in HCI or related field, or equivalent work experience is preferred