We’re a large and well-respected digital design organization of 115+ passionate UX designers, content designers, researchers, visual designers, and design program managers. We're hiring to evolve UX across dozens of digital products and services and our brands, and to establish a shared design platform: an expanded design system, reusable content, user research and design thinking.
The Sr. Conversational AI Designer uses design thinking and agile methodology to research, create and tune industry-leading voice interfaces from ideation to launch of a product or service and iteratively updates, maintains and tunes existing voice experiences. Daily, you’ll partner with other UX practitioners, researchers, developers, product management, and a variety of business partners to design human-to-computer conversations, architecting the interaction flow and writing scripts.
The Sr. Conversational AI Designer leverages artificial intelligence (AI), natural language processing, and other technical capabilities to define, develop, evaluate, and deliver the user experience of high-profile products & services. They use human-centered design to frame problems and create innovative design solutions that meet user needs and key business objectives for e-commerce, claims, customer support, agent support, billing and payments, and other self-service experiences. This designer works in lean agile environments committed to quick feedback loops focused on outcomes versus deliverables and communicates concepts and product enhancements using journey maps, flows, prototypes and detailed designs.
- Create conversational dialog designs, prompts and scripts for human-machine conversations.
- Work closely with product team and business partners to plan, design, optimize and deliver virtual assistants in an agile development environment.
- Understand and work closely with developers using working knowledge technology.
- Apply user-centered design methods to iterate through concepts that can be tested and validated with users.
- Leverage data and user feedback to drive and influence design, business, & technology decisions.
- Be open to feedback and engage in active listening.
- Model application of human-centered design approaches to frame problems, uncover patterns, discover opportunities, and visualize possibilities.
- Communicate clear, focused user experience concepts for products during all stages of the design process, leveraging deliverables such as user journeys, flow diagrams, and prototypes using industry software such as Adobe Creative Suite, Axure, Mural, Voiceflow, Visio, Omnigraffle, Figma, Sketch, Amazon Lex and/or InVision.
- Collaborate within product teams – assess and prioritize opportunities, constraints, and features – advocating for the end user while balancing the negotiation of priorities and business goals.
- Independently, and in partnership with researchers, facilitate feedback loops through appropriate user research, testing, and metrics analysis to inform decisions & designs.
- Continuously grow your depth of knowledge, and apply it, to evolve existing and craft new product opportunities, including information architecture, research opportunities, and platform capabilities.
- Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders, including product owners & engineers, to understand experience and technology requirements, providing creative and thoughtful solutions.
- Measure design solutions with metrics that matter; ensure qualitative and quantitative data is captured and used appropriately to inform decisions.
- Five or more years as a UX Conversation Designer in Voice Assistants, with supplemental work as a UX Writer, or Linguist in highly collaborative environments.
- Experience in building user-centered conversational experiences (voice or IVR) in an agile environment.
- Extremely passionate and knowledgeable about conversation design, interaction design and information architecture as disciplines.
- Experience with several of the following areas with the ability to leverage working knowledge as necessary: artificial intelligence, linguistics, intent and holistic tuning, natural language understanding, dialog design, and/or speech user interfaces.
- Experience facilitating a wide breadth of human-centered design methodologies.
- Trained in UX design, computational linguistics, psychology, human factors, or human-computer interaction.
- Strong communication, organization, and presentation skills.
- Understands the constraints of technology platforms: Natural Language Processing, Machine Learning, Linguistic concepts like Pragmatics, Prosody, Morphology and/or the Internet of Things (IoT) and Smart Speakers.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in the following is a plus: Linguistics, Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), Psychology, Human Factors.
- Experience designing for insurance, financial, or highly regulated verticals is a plus.
- A smart, solid portfolio that demonstrates how you think.
The target hiring compensation range for this role is the equivalent of $86.41 to $96.02 an hour. Compensation is based on several factors including, but not limited to education, relevant work experience, relevant certifications, and location. Additional benefits offered may include; medical health insurance and dental insurance, life insurance, and eligibility to participate in 401k plan with company match.