The Digital Channel Manager, Conversational AI is responsible for the successful development, execution and implementation of conversational strategies including messaging, chatbots and voice. This role also leads digital-related initiatives and manages daily operational tasks that enhance the member experience. This position also serves as the lead on a conversational technology projects that contribute directly to achieving the strategic goals of the Credit Union. The Digital Channel Manager will be responsible for identifying internal and external data driven trends, implementation of new digital solutions, and making changes to existing solutions to support the strategic direction of digital channels and services.
- Perform all responsibilities in accordance with BECU Competencies, compliance, regulatory and Information Protection requirements.
- Evaluate digital plans and designs in conjunction with the Director, Digital Strategy to execute new solutions and enhancements to existing digital channels and services.
- Execute on messaging, chatbot and conversational AI by managing dialogue and experiences across channels
- In partnership with Director of Digital Strategy make recommendations for scaling the platform
- Work closely with UX, Channel Managers, Analytics and Marketing to deliver conversational experiences across mobile and online channels
- Monitor remote service and delivery channel utilization and performance. Recommend changes, enhancements or elimination of services and channels, to include return on investment (ROI), return to member (RTM) and total cost of ownership (TCO) measurements.
- Manage the development and implementation of new remote services and delivery channels.
- Analyze market trends for our remote services and delivery channels as well as services and delivery channel strategies occurring in the marketplace.
- Develop requirements and participate in developing project timelines and budgets.
- Evaluate and respond to member and employee feedback regarding remote services and delivery channels to ensure BECU provides effective member solutions. Identify needs that exist in the marketplace and develop remote services and delivery channels to meet those needs.
- Manage and maintain vendor relationships on day to day operational execution. Obtain technical opinions and estimates of time and costs of new remote services and delivery channels.
- Develop metrics and analytics to measure service promotions through remote service channels to determine the success of each program. Design, build, implement and maintain customized dashboards and reporting tools to manage operational performance. Extract existing data to manipulate, calculate, and format into appropriate visual representation of the data that provides the greatest usability.
- Coordinate with Marketing in the preparation of advertising for remote services and delivery channels.
- Prepare sales and profit forecasts for remote services and delivery channels.
- Work closely and in conjunction with designated IT managers and BECU business units in the successful planning and implementation of remote services and delivery channel related projects. Work collaboratively with technology/infrastructure staff to identify data relationships and functional requirements.
- Ensure that written procedures are documented for all remote service and delivery channels.
- Represent the Credit Union in trade events and informational activities.
- Coordinate the offering of new remote services and process enhancements with staff.
- Perform additional duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, or equivalent work or educational experience required.
- Minimum five years of experience in product and/or channel management role in a financial institution, or in a self-service, retail or conversational AI environment required.
- Minimum five years of experience with self-service and remote channel development, implementation and management required.
- Experience working with both the consumer and small business segments, and with Deposit and Credit Product Management required.
- Ability to research and compile information for the purpose of recommending remote channel and self-service opportunities.
- Proficient verbal and written skills to effectively communicate in the English language.
- Excellent analytical and project management skills.
- Excellent math skills with a high degree of accuracy.
- Full-time hours required, with additional hours as necessary.
EEO Statement: BECU is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status.