Communication and collaboration tools are integral pieces of the Bloomberg Terminal community. They are fully integrated in our solution so users can design and instantly share live data, charts, analysis and lists with internal and external colleagues and collaborate across markets and countries without launching another application on the desktop.
We recognize the value our clients derive from a community integrated with their workflows, and see its continued popularity as central to our growth.
In a world where information matters, Bloomberg gives influential decision makers a competitive edge. Our core product is the Bloomberg Professional Service, or "the Terminal." Each day, the Terminal powers more than 320,000 subscribers globally to move markets. But to keep connecting our clients to a dynamic network of news, people, and ideas, we need a constant flow of energy and innovation.
That's where you come in.
What's the role?
We are looking for a creative, execution-oriented, hands-on Product Manager to join the Communication team. You will help develop and implement the overall vision and strategy for our new Chatbot offering within IB. You will execute a product strategy that drives meaningful innovation, usage and value growth while continuing to reinforce our position as the leading communication and financial information services provider. The Community group is tasked with information extraction to streamline financial markets' effectiveness. Your project involvement will be multifaceted and include but is not limited to: leading cutting edge technology, assessing new business opportunities and evaluating existing product roadmap. You will accomplish this by working alongside design experts, technologists and partnered product managers from across our organization.
We’ll trust you to:
- Develop innovative product features for chatbots by actively engaging with clients to get feedback that translates into requirements on our product roadmap
- Communicate product vision, execution plan, and development status with key collaborators and senior management
- Work seamlessly with our experienced engineers to ensure timely product achievements
- Follow technology trends and developments in the communication and collaboration space
- Prioritize development initiatives and manage the flow of in-bound product development requests
- Collaborate with other product managers to ensure that development and strategy initiatives align
- Meet regularly with clients to obtain feedback and help drive sales/product adoption as the product owner and subject matter expert
- Build a close working relationship with other Product businesses including Core, Enterprise Products, Trading Solutions, and News to potentially incorporate new chatbot features that can enhance client experience in their offerings
You’ll need to have:
- A deep understanding of internal corporate communication tools such as Slack, Bloomberg IB, Discord, MS Teams, or Symphony, and how clients communicate within their own firms and with their counterparties
- Strong knowledge in front office workflows including pre-trade, market inquiries, and execution and post-trade
- Strong knowledge of front office technologies and systems that our clients use today
- Extensive experience in a client-facing position
- Prior experience in project management
- High level of passion in the communication tool space
- Excellent written and communication skills
We'd love to see:
- Previous Product Management experience
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.