Nearly half of the 60 million adults and teens living with mental health conditions in the United States go without any treatment because they can't afford and/or can't access treatment. Our vision is that everyone, everywhere will have access to affordable, on-demand mental health therapy.
We’re building a team of passionate innovators, experts, and business builders to develop an app-based, virtual mental health therapist that delivers a more human-like therapy experience.
As a Conversational Designer, you will be responsible for creating and curating the best customer experiences when interacting with our advanced chatbot. You are a great match for the interdisciplinary team if you enjoy helping customers easily understand complex information, are a passionate advocate for our customers and enjoy innovating and creating great customer experiences. To be selected for this role, you must demonstrate a special talent for understanding what our customers need from an advanced human-like AI chatbot.
How will this individual interact with the team:
Team members will function as a member of an agile UX and clinical content team in close working collaboration with business, product, & technology stakeholders. Video conferencing and real-time collaboration and design tools are at the core of how teams operate.
The UX Conversation Designer uses human-centered design methods to create industry-leading experiences from ideation to launch of a product. Daily, you’ll partner with other UX practitioners and leaders, engineers, developers, product management, and a variety of business partners to create innovative solutions that meet both user needs and key business objectives.
All applicants should provide work samples, with proper consideration of copyright restrictions. The applicant should be able to speak to their design philosophy and be aware of design trends.
- Create conversational flows and tune for machine-human conversations.
- Work closely with a UX lead and product teams to plan and deliver User Experiences in an agile development environment.
- Model how to use human-centered design approaches to frame problems, uncover patterns, discover opportunities, and visualize possibilities.
- Use design thinking methods to iterate through concepts that can be tested and validated with users.
- Leverage data and user feedback to drive and influence design decisions.
- Be open to feedback and engage in active listening.
- Communicate clear, focused user experience concepts for products during all stages of the design process, using deliverables such as wireframes, flow diagrams, storyboards, and prototypes created using industry software like Figma, Sketch, and InVision.
- Collaborate within product teams – assess and prioritize opportunities, constraints, and features – advocating for the end user while balancing the negotiation of priorities and business goals.
- Independently, and in partnership with researchers, facilitate feedback loops through frequent and appropriate user research, testing, and metrics analysis to inform solutions.
- Continuously grow your depth of knowledge and apply it to evolve or craft new product opportunities, including information architecture, research opportunities, and platform capabilities.
- Collaborate with product owners, engineers, and cross-functional stakeholders to understand experience and technology requirements to provide creative and thoughtful solutions.
- Measure design solutions with metrics that matter; ensure qualitative and quantitative data is captured and used appropriately to inform decisions.
- Three or more years as a UX conversation designer, UX designer, UX writer, or content strategist in highly collaborative environments.
- Experience in building user-centered conversational experiences (chat, voice, or SMS) in an agile environment.
- Experience with linguistics, intent and holistic tuning, intent development, design methods, interaction design, information architecture, user research, prototyping, and/or content design.
- Extremely passionate and knowledgeable about conversation design, interaction design and information architecture as disciplines.
- Experience facilitating a wide breadth of human-centered design methodologies.
- Trained in design, computer science, information sciences, psychology, human factors, and/or human-computer interaction.
- Strong communication, organization, and presentation skills.
- Understands the constraints of technology platforms: Natural Language Processing, Native Mobile, and Responsive Web.
- A smart, solid portfolio that demonstrates how you think.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in the following is a plus: Linguistics, Design, Service Design, Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), Interaction Design, Information Sciences, Psychology, Human Factors, and/or Computer Science.
- Expertise using industry design tools such as Figma, Voiceflow, Sketch, Adobe, Axure, InVision, etc.
- Startup experience, digital health and/or mental health experience a plus.
Working at ChatOwl:
- Become a founding team member for a venture-backed digital health startup
- Flexibility to work remotely or out of the Los Angeles office
- Flexible work hours
- Working with a purpose to help people in need
- Stock option grants
- Full benefits
- Competitive salary