Fidelity Investments is looking for a director, conversation design to lead a team within the UX Content Strategy team. This role will be responsible for defining the content strategy for Fidelity’s chatbots and other conversational experiences, owning the standards, best practices, and processes for this work at an enterprise level, as well as mentoring and coaching the team.
Working closely with the Content team leads, UXD chapter lead, Cognitive Computing Group, and product partners, you’ll develop the vision for the future of conversational experiences (including chatbots and voice systems), advocate for best practices in architecture, natural language processing, and our content management systems to create the tech stack required to support robust and proactive experiences, and define and maintain roles and responsibilities, processes, and standards for conversation design in line with UX Content Strategy guidelines.
As a member of the Content Management team, you’ll also play a meaningful role in championing and maintaining standards and guidelines in collaboration with the Content Center of Excellence, advocating for the adoption of content tools, and building relationships across the firm to advance the visibility and reputation of the UX Content team.
The expertise you have
- A minimum of 7 years' progressive experience in conversation design or content strategy
- Experience building, managing, and/or mentoring a team of conversation designers
- Understanding of journey mapping, priority guides, empathy maps, and UX research or working with research partners
- Experience defining and implementing process improvements
- Experience developing and executing on content strategies tailored for unique audiences, and influencing partners to adopt and adhere to best practices
- Experience relying on a data-driven approach to designing conversational experiences
- Proven track record of defining, testing, and iterating on grammar models, new language processing technologies, and analyzing results to inform enhancements and future opportunities
The skills you bring
- Ability to coach and mentor a team
- Skill at simplifying the complex, using compelling, concise, and friendly language to help users navigate and take desired actions
- Demonstrated ability to build credibility and trust with peers and senior leadership in a complex organization with multiple decision-makers
- Comfort defending your conversation design strategies with executives, legal, and other partners, and negotiating disagreements with diplomacy and an open mind
- Valuing pace over perfection, and thinking big picture while keeping an eye on the little details
The value you deliver
- Establishing and leading the enterprise conversation design team and advocating for best-in-class conversation design priorities, practices, and processes
- Driving the content strategy, content creation, and best practices that are critical in helping users take actions and get answers to their questions
- Collaborating with UX designers, researchers, developers, subject matter experts, natural language processing (NLP) and business analysts, and business partners
- Reviewing conversational experiences to ensure grammar model accuracy, optimizing the content, recommending new topics, and measuring impact
- Developing and promoting a content creation and maintenance process for the conversational experiences based on firm and industry best practices, client needs, emerging technology and trends, as well as Fidelity’s enterprise goals
- Influencing a test, learn, and optimize approach to content development where you’ll make data-informed decisions on the topics, tone, language, delivery, maintenance, and governance of conversational experiences.
Please see below for the salary range for work locations in New York City, Westchester County, NY and Jersey City, NJ only:
$126,000 – $169,000 per year
This position is eligible for incentive compensation or an annual bonus opportunity.
Fidelity Investments is a privately held company with a mission to strengthen the financial well-being of our clients.
We help people invest and plan for their future. We assist companies and non-profit organizations in delivering benefits to their employees. And we provide institutions and independent advisors with investment and technology solutions to help invest their own clients’ money.Join Us
At Fidelity, you’ll find endless opportunities to build a meaningful career that positively impacts peoples’ lives, including yours. You can take advantage of flexible benefits that support you through every stage of your career, empowering you to thrive at work and at home. Honored with a Glassdoor Employees’ Choice Award
, we have been recognized by our employees as a Best Place to Work in 2022. And you don’t need a finance background to succeed at Fidelity—we offer a range of opportunities for learning so you can build the career you’ve always imagined.
Many of our associates are continuing to work remotely temporarily due to COVID-19. When Fidelity employees eventually return to the office, our goal is for most people to work flexibly in a way that balances both personal and business needs with time onsite and offsite through what we’re calling “Dynamic Working
We invite you to Find Your Fidelity
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that the most effective way to attract, develop and retain a diverse workforce is to build an enduring culture of inclusion and belonging.
Fidelity will reasonably accommodate applicants with disabilities who need adjustments to participate in the application or interview process. To initiate a request for an accommodation, contact the HR Accommodation Team by sending an email to accommodations @fmr.com
, or by calling 800-835-5099, prompt 2, option 3.