About the Team:
- Customer experience teams build the safest, most enjoyable human connections that encourage trust, confidence and passion in our brands. We love delighting customers, and ensuring our customers receive the best service.
- Anchored in the Enterprise CX Program Management organization, the Knowledge & Digital Engagement Program Management team is responsible for developing and administering Knowledge Management and self-service as well as digital engagement solutions for the GM Enterprise – aimed to enable GM customers, dealers and contact center staff alike to find the support information they need on their time and their terms, and to effectively communicate via digital touchpoints. Additionally, the team leads solution design and program management for GM’s Enterprise Voice-of-the-Customer platform. In this capacity, the team is supporting GM’s vision of moving towards a best-in-class customer experience at the ‘Customer at the Center of Everything We Do’.
About the Role:
- The CX Conversational AI Specialist plays a key role in creating an extraordinary customer experience across voice and text-based customer engagement channels featuring natural language capabilities, that customers actually love.
- The job holder acts as subject matter expert for Conversational AI and leads the strategy, governance and continuous improvement for Natural Language Processing/Understanding (NLP/NLU) and intent & entity management applied across GM’s Virtual Assistants (VA) such as chatbots, conversational IVR, other voice assistants in partnership with channel & content owners, User Interface/Experience (UI/UX) and technical implementation teams.
- The role is responsible for understanding and validating key opportunities for innovation of virtual assistants from business efficiency and customer experience lenses.
- This will include critically analyzing the design of conversation flows and training data along with technical code based on the business requirements and other inputs including recommendations to address data deficits for improved precision and recall on intent classification of data.
- The role runs ongoing optimization and calibration of intents and entities as well as troubleshooting of issues identified via user interaction and customer feedback data or reported by business teams that relate to natural language processing(NLP) – ultimately driving towards a high level of precision and recall of natural language inputs and accurate mapping of corresponding outputs.
- The candidate should have a customer mentality, work ethic while collaborating with various individuals of different levels of experience and stature within GM – both, across business and technical teams.
- Attention to detail and an analytical attitude is vital in order to produce complete and accurate results for GM customers engaging through VAs.
- The role demands a strong business analysis background with conversation, language, grammar proficiency, and a strong level of English language comprehension. Also need to have a desire to be involved in all aspects of the digital engagement ecosystem including the touchpoint experiences the VA applications reside within.
- Define the strategy and operational framework including governance model for Conversational AI and NLP/NLU applications for VAs
- Develop business cases, functional and non-requirements and NLP roadmap as well as IT portfolio asks accounting for …
- external drivers and inputs e.g. research, standard methodology benchmarking as well as
- GM internal business priorities and requirements
- Design business processes led by knowing what the end user wants and need while leading simultaneous NLP optimization efforts
- Work towards continual process improvement based on deliberate measurement, data analytics and insights
- Develop and handle an intents and entities on an ongoing basis with a lens on enterprise models as well as bespoke models required to support a range of virtual assistant applications across different digital touchpoints in partnership with IT architects
- Review chat logs, transcripts, recordings and research to improve implementations
- Train machine learning / language models that enable VAs to continuously improve in their understanding of and responses to natural language dialog
- Develop and gradually evolve a scalable intent management and entity taxonomy
- Support evolution of overall Digital Engagement strategy incl Social Media, Chat/Messaging for Digital Marketing and Care use cases
- Support design of conversation scripts / bot responses and user journey to create virtual assistants with personality, character and human user interactions
- Establish contacts and build relationships across the GM enterprise to ensure comprehensive understanding of business opportunities and needs as in an integrated and ‘one team’ approach – ultimately driving most efficient use of internal resources as well as best and consistent customer experience across multiple touchpoints
- Collaborate and partner with CX PEM organization and technical teams to ensure reliable program execution in alignment with agreed resources, timing and quality
- Act as primary business interface to external technology and service partners supporting Conversational AI implementations
- Uphold and evolve internal knowledge creation, content standards, and best practices
- Additional Job Description
Basic Required Skills:
- Effective leadership and influencing skills in the application of Conversational AI
- Working experience in applying NLP/NLU techniques in VAs including understanding of common NLP techniques such as text classification, tokenization, part of speech tagging, text mining, named entity recognition
- Experience with the lifecycle of VAs / chatbots / voicebots and understanding of conversation and user-design and VA dialog flows
- Strong organizational and communication skills including background in designing and crafting customer facing communications
- Excellent eye for detail/understanding of each step of the conversation design process
- Analytical skills, experience in solving business problems leveraging data
- Ability to challenge current processes in efforts to continuously improve the customer experience
- Possess the flexibility to work both independently and in a sophisticated team setting
- Ability to manage multiple priorities as well as demanding timeframes and deadlines
- Familiarity with Messaging & Chat as well as Social Media experiences and management platforms
- Proficiency in MS Office 365 incl Teams and SharePoint
- Exposure to software development in an Agile environment
Basic Preferred Skills:
- Experience with IBM Watson and/or Google Dialog flow
- Experience with AI speech recognition technologies
- Knowledge of language translations or translation tools
- Familiarity with automotive industry trends and technology innovations
- Understanding of website/mobile app development and content management systems
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Linguistics, a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 3+ years of relevant / direct industry working experience (natural language technique/application, natural language data science, or related
Please only apply if you DO NOT need sponsorship to work in the Unites States now or in the future. We are unable to consider candidates who require sponsorship.
- Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
- Why Join Us
- We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
- The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at [email protected]
. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.