As a Conversation Designer, you will be involved in every aspect of the product development process from brainstorming to tweaking content right before launch. You will be expected to utilize your full range of conversation design, data, and technical skills, and will own the experience for a wide area of the product. You will build upon your existing skill set and passion for conversational problem solving, and help define the conversational experiences across time for our products and services.
We are looking for an experienced and talented Conversation Designer to conceptualize, illustrate, build and deliver innovative conversational and natural language interaction paradigms. You will be expected to drive these conversational experiences from concepts and storyboards to product launch with attention to detail through elegant probabilistic designs that allow humans to interact more naturally with our nonprofits. A positive and collaborative attitude is required, and we’re looking for a self-motivated problem solver with impeccable communication skills.
What does a Conversation Designer do at GoodUnited?
- Conceptualize and iterate on high-quality end-to-end designs for conversational user interfaces and content, including reactive and proactive outreach
- Apply a broad range of skills to envision, design, illustrate, specify, test and validate conversational behaviors.
- Own every stage of the conversation design process, from research and design mapping to implementation and QA
- Create natural dialog flows, wireframes and templates that clearly convey a conversation architecture
- Provide optimization and tuning services: analyze conversations to unearth patterns, implement learnings into the application, track efficacy and present business insights to stakeholders
- Document standards, frameworks, processes and methodology
- Clearly articulate your vision, strategy and design to cross-functional teams and executive stakeholders
- Collaborate with PMs, UI designers, and engineers to oversee the conversational experience of a product from conception until launch (and then some)
- Give and solicit feedback from other team members in order to continually raise our bar for quality
What experience and skills does a Conversation Designer need to be successful here?
- 3+ years of work experience in conversation design for consumer products and/or services.
- Know words and love tech or know tech and love words
- Experience with conversational design (sketching, mocking up, evaluation), conversational response writing (English copywriting) that aligns with best practices and brand guidelines and related technologies (NLP, dialog generation, speech recognition).
- Excellent writing skills (impeccable spelling and grammar)
- Chatbot design experience with Google Dialogflow, Amazon Lex, IBM Watson, Rasa, other bot frameworks, Nuance ASR
- Skilled at interpreting data and synthesizing findings to inform design directives.
- Systematic thinker, with an ability to extrapolate high-level patterns that can be applied across a variety of product areas.
- Comfortable with large ambiguous projects and driving them toward clarity.
- Motivated by ambitious design solutions and can inspire stakeholders across team and organizational boundaries toward solutions that may be implemented.
- Competitive Medical, Dental, and Vision programs.
- 100% of the employee's premiums are paid by GU, with nominal buy-ups for additional dependents.
- Unlimited (and mandatory) PTO. You have the flexibility to take whatever time you need for whatever reason.
- Birthday PTO. Your birthday is a day to celebrate YOU. GU employees have their birthdays as another PTO day to spend however they’d like.
- Parental Leave Program. We offer paid leave and other benefits to new parents so they can focus on what's most important.