Our Care team in Atlanta and Las Vegas provides high quality care to our customer, shopper, and retailer communities. We are looking for a Manager, Conversational Design who will lead a team of highly skilled conversation designers working across chatbot, voice, and virtual assistant channels. You’ll solve complex customer issues, dive deep into details and data to identify optimization opportunities, and set the strategic direction for conversational user interfaces between customers and Instacart Care.
About the Job
- Lead a growing team of highly skilled conversation designers to effectively communicate chat and voice interactions and solutions in CUI authoring tools
- Leverage customer data to identify pain points and opportunities to improve experiences
- Manage chatbot content requests and workflows, including communicating with requestors, monitoring process and governance requirements, and facilitating stakeholder reviews and approvals
- Work with our Product Operations, Process, and Legal teams to identify and manage customer experience gaps and improvements
- Lead user acceptance testing regularly to ensure conversations and platforms are performing as expected
- Develop and foster relationships across partnered teams to optimize delivery of solutions for customers
- Build a deep understanding of the Instacart platform, culture, audiences, and processes
- 3+ years experience as a people leader plus 3-5 years of individual contributor experience in content strategy, UX writing, chatbot content, or similar experience.
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in English, Communications, or equivalent program, with a focus in UX writing, technical writing, information technology, communications technology, or related discipline
- Experience with communication technology and authoring supportive and engagement content for conversational UI channels
- Solid writing, editing, and presentation skills, appreciation for the Oxford comma, aversion to jargon, and ability to synthesize complex ideas into clear, usable language
- Strong technical aptitude - comfortable learning any software product
- Effective project management skills
- Technical knowledge of the fundamentals of conversation, e.g. Cooperative Principle, turn-taking, cognitive load, pragmatics, prosody.
- Knowledgeable about linguistic norms of speech, writing, conversation, and communication
- Understanding of and appreciation for best-in-class customer experience
- Experience with Conversation Designer, Dialogflow, Solvvy, Forethought, or other CUI and VUI authoring tools
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities and create a sense of urgency in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Flexible and self-motivator mindset - ready to move fast and adapt continuously to a rapidly scaling culture, and own the work you do
Accommodations & Accessibility
At Instacart, we strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need assistance submitting an application through our career site due to a disability, please submit an Accommodations Request Form
and someone from our team will reach out soon to see how we may be able to assist.