Kore.ai was created to help people work and engage digitally in a simpler and more conversational way and is a pioneer in shaping how intelligent bots interact with people via conversational dialogues. Kore’s enterprise grade Experience Optimization AI Platform is the only end-to-end cloud or on-prem PaaS for designing, building, testing, and hosting smart, speech-enabled bots for use in any channel, including text and email, in a website or mobile app, and on popular messaging and collaboration platforms such as Facebook, Skype, Slack and more.
We are looking for a Conversation Designer to join our Expert Services Team. Conversation designers create intuitive and intelligent experiences across multiple text and voice channels. Their role is to define conversational experiences that drive business outcomes by meeting the needs of end users.
Conversation designers work on collaborative project teams with natural language analysts, business analysts, solution architects, and developers to deliver custom solutions that highlight the unique capabilities of the Kore.ai platform. Designers interact directly with customers to analyze business objectives, advocate for design solutions, and offer mentorship and training that will enable customers to manage their own applications.
Senior Conversation Designers actively contribute to our design practice through peer design reviews, developing design patterns, and optimizing design methodologies. Senior designers also have the opportunity to support our Sales and Product teams as a subject matter expert on design strategy.
● 5 years of experience designing conversational interactions for both text and voice channels required. IVR and call center experience required.
● Excellent spoken and written communication skills. Proven ability to explain complex concepts to both customers and teammates.
● Experience balancing user needs with technical constraints and business goals.
● Strong analytical skills. High level of initiative, self-direction, and willingness to learn.
● Proficient in User-Centered Design (UCD) practices including user research, iterative design, usability testing, and tuning required.
● Technical knowledge of the fundamentals of conversation (turn-taking, cognitive load, pragmatics, prosody) required.
● Technical knowledge of speech and language technologies (NLP, ASR, TTS) required.
● Masters or Bachelor’s degree in Linguistics, Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), User Experience Design (UXD), or equivalent practical experience.