LivePerson (NASDAQ:LPSN) is a Conversational AI company creating digital experiences that are Curiously Human. Every person is unique, and our technology makes it possible for companies, including leading brands like HSBC, Orange, and GM Financial, to treat their audiences that way at scale. Nearly a billion conversational interactions are powered by our Conversational Cloud each month.
You’ll be successful at LivePerson if you are excited to build something from the ground up. You excel by finding daily opportunities to grow at the same pace as the technology we're building, and you build partnerships that improve our business. Likewise, you’re someone who sees feedback as a chance to learn and grow and believe decisions powered by data are the norm. You care about the wellbeing of others and yourself.
This position will report into the Senior Manager, Conversational Design.
- Design effective, innovative, and delightful conversational experiences using user-centric design methodologies
- Work with major enterprise brands to understand their business goals, their customer personas and intents to define an automation roadmap
- Review and provide feedback on other designer’s work. Prioritize design work to meet project goals and deadlines
- Lead design workshops and conduct user research where appropriate, to tie insights to business results
- Research and analyze intents and the associated customer journeys. Evaluate when bots are appropriate and in what form
- Create bot design documents, including bot personas, example dialogs, conversation flow diagrams, error handling patterns
- Define the intent portfolio for natural language understanding and how it maps in to conversation designs
- Review customer transcripts to identify gaps in the conversation design; modify design patterns to bridge those gaps
- Write copy suitable for automated conversations in the messaging medium
- Interpret bot performance metrics to hypothesize where design changes can be made and tested to drive specific goals
- Create and evangelize conversation design best practice standards, reusable design patterns and processes
- Contribute to the team’s conversational design system
- Collaborate with project managers, optimization managers, bot developers, and bot tuners to execute on bot implementation
- Demonstrate effective verbal and written communication to internal executives, C-level clients, partners, and team members
- Advanced experience in bot strategy, conversation design and optimization. Can produce a portfolio of example work.
- 3+ total years of related experience
- 2+ years in Conversation Design, or 3+ years in a UX-related role
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, having presented design thought leadership to diverse audiences, from client executives to technical team members
- Knowledge of Natural Language Understanding technologies and platforms such as Dialogflow, Watson, LUIS, etc. and how it impacts conversation designs
- Knowledge of messaging channels such as web messaging, SMS, Whatsapp, etc. and what the advantages and disadvantages are of each
- We consider diverse backgrounds - you may be a UX designer with a knack for language, or a Communications/Linguistics major with a knack for design thinking, or a game designer with experience on dialogue systems, etc.
- Contact center and/or customer service experience a plus
- Design team management experience or strong interest to gain design management experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent professional experience
The salary range for this role will be $80,000 - $120,000. Final compensation will be determined by a variety of factors, including, but not limited to, your location, skills, experience, education, and/or certifications. During the phone screening, the recruiter will provide the location-specific salary range for this role. Regardless of your personal situation or where you are in the world, LivePerson offers comprehensive and great benefits programs to meet your needs:
- Health: medical, mental, dental, and vision
- Time away: vacation, dependent care, holidays, wellness days, and more
- Financial: 401K, ESPP, Basic life and AD&D insurance, long-term and short-term disability
- Family: parental leave, maternity support, fertility services
- Development: tuition reimbursement, native AI learning
- Additional: WFH support, 24/7 access to professional counselors, voluntary ins. coverage, exclusive perks and discounts
Why You’ll Love Working Here
Your entrepreneurial spirit will be supported. We love team members who chase down their big ideas, become experts, help colleagues, and own their work. These four company values guide our continued, holistic growth as individuals, as teams, and as a global organization. And to further make our point, let's just say we're very proud to be on Fast Company's list of Most Innovative Companies and Newsweek's list of most-loved workplaces.
Belonging at LivePerson
At LivePerson, people from diverse backgrounds come together to make an impact and be their authentic selves. One way we share and connect is through our employee resource groups such as: Live In Color, LP Proud, and Women In Tech. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law.
We are committed to the accessibility needs of applicants and employees. We provide reasonable accommodations to job applicants with physical or mental disabilities. Applicants with a disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process should inform their recruiting contact upon initial connection.