We're here for the Makers! Come be a part of the team where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
As the Director of Conversational AI, you will define and own the product vision and roadmap that delivers world-class Michaels’ member experiences powered by conversational AI. Key products include our support chatbot, live chat, and IVR. This is a critical role in support of executive level objectives by creating a differentiated member experience. You can feel confident that your contributions will add significant value to the Michael’s brand.
- Define Conversational AI architecture and strategy from use cases generated by partnering with VP of AI and AI peer teams
- Establish software development patterns and principles & set technology frameworks and libraries to enable the Conversational AI team to rapidly develop the michaels.com chatbot to production
- Monitor chatbot usage by michaels.com customers, to develop new prospective features to increase engagement
- Supervise quality assurance processes, integration, and system tests
- In partnership with the security organization, develop conversational AI architectures that are inherently secure, robust, scalable, modular and API-centric.
- Apply architecture best practices to increase execution velocity
- Mentor team members
- NodeJS development
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Artificial Intelligence
Minimum Special Certifications Or Technical Skills
- Manager-level Conversational AI experience
- Expert level NodeJS skills
- 5+ years’ software development experience in an interpreted software language
- Web Services (REST/SOAP)
- Big data cloud computing experience (GCP a plus)
Minimum Type Of Experience The Job Requires
- Solid track record of defining large-scale conversational AI technology architectures that represent broad strategic goals that meet quantifiable business objectives
- 5+ years of experience designing conversational AI architectures that increase engagement and conversion rates
- 5+ years of experience in managing a group of conversational AI team members, some of whom may be dispersed geographically
- Strong aptitude for identify and solving complex problems with simple solutions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- You aspire to develop the most intuitive conversational AI bot in the market.
- Masters, Data Science / AI
- Masters, Computer Science
Preferred Special Certifications Or Technical Skills
- Demonstrated ability to develop highly engaging conversational AI applications that drive significant customer engagement. Your AI solutions empower customer to find the right product at the right time.
- 8+ years’ experience developing conversational AI features
Preferred Type Of Experience The Job Requires
- Director level, Conversational AI
Applicants in the U.S. must satisfy federal, state, and local legal requirements of the job.
Michaels is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are here for all Team Members and all Makers to create, innovate and be better together.
To review a comprehensive list of benefits, please visit Michaels Benefits
CO, CT and NYC only -To review pay ranges for the position you are applying for, please visit Michaels Pay Ranges - CO, CT and NYC only