Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Passion for words, compassion for people. You’ve got them. Let’s put them to work serving our fellow humans. Elevate your talents on a team of writers, designers, researchers and developers who are creative, collaborative, motivated and a bit disruptive. Add your energy and experience to ours. And help get us closer to our united mission: to design new solutions and systems that help people experience their best lives.
To know more about Optum Technology, select this video.
You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges. Lower 48 United States only
- Craft UX content for digital capabilities such as navigation, websites, search, video, and secure messaging portals, across a diverse consumer base and multiple businesses and products
- Develop health and wellness content that utilizes key conversational design, behavior science and health literacy tenets
- Collaborate and test copy to ensure that it meets consumer needs and business objectives
- Develop and secure approvals for a wide range of copy - including legal, clinical and wellness copy
- Continuously innovate and iterate with strategies and messaging that serve consumers
- Develop and socialize best practices in the field of UX writing
- Source and annotate all clinical and wellness copy against approved resources
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 5+ years of experience in a writing role
- 4+ years of UI/UX writing experience
- 3+ years of experience using consumer insights to write compelling and clear messaging to engage consumers
- 2+ years of experience working with principles and concepts of conversational design
- Bachelor’s degree in English, creative writing, UX writing, communications or other related field
- 3+ years working within a creative or content services team or agency (not as a freelancer)
- Experience or working knowledge of writing for web accessibility
- Experience in using A/B and multivariate testing information and analytics to improve consumer experience and engagement
- Clinical or health care experience
- Knowledge of health literacy and plain language writing guidelines
- Solid organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects and deliverables
- Standout idea generator and problem solver
- Skilled at influencing and collaborating with others
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $66,100 to $118,300. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $72,800 to $129,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
- All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.