Parlance is a Software as a Service company leveraging intelligent speech technologies to improve the caller experience for leading organizations nationwide. Parlance delivers conversational AI as a managed service. We modernize and improve every caller’s journey and remove barriers to service. Health systems specifically subscribe to Parlance to improve patient experience and optimize business operations.
Role Overview: As a Conversation Designer at Parlance, you will be responsible for crafting engaging and user-centered conversational experiences across various platforms and applications. You will collaborate closely with cross-functional teams, including UX/UI designers, engineers, linguists, and data scientists, to design and iterate upon conversational interfaces that delight users and drive meaningful interactions.
- Collaborate with UX/UI designers, product managers, and engineers to define the conversational user experience strategy and requirements for various projects.
- Design and create conversation flows, dialogue structures, and interaction models that align with user needs and business goals.
- Craft natural and engaging dialogues, considering user personas, language nuances, cultural context, and platform constraints.
- Write, edit, and refine conversational scripts, prompts, and responses to ensure clarity, coherence, and effectiveness.
- Work closely with linguists and language experts to ensure accuracy, tone, and cultural relevance in different languages.
- Use data-driven insights and user feedback to iteratively improve and optimize conversation design, leveraging analytics and user testing.
- Collaborate with the development team to implement and fine-tune conversational models, including intent recognition and context handling.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends, best practices, and emerging technologies in the field of conversational AI.
- Responsible for testing the conversational interface to ensure it is functioning properly, sounds natural, and human-like.
- Bachelor's degree in Linguistics, Communication, HCI, Cognitive Science, or related field (Master's degree preferred).
- Proven experience (3+ years) in conversation design, chatbot design, voice user interface (VUI) design, or related roles.
- Strong understanding of user-centered design principles and the ability to translate user needs into effective conversation flows.
- Proficiency in designing for various conversational platforms and technologies, such as chatbots, voice assistants, messaging apps, etc.
- Excellent writing and editing skills, with a keen eye for detail and an ability to create clear and concise dialogue content.
- Familiarity with natural language processing (NLP) concepts and tools is a plus.
- Experience with user testing, A/B testing, and data analysis to inform design decisions.
- Strong collaboration and communication skills, with the ability to work effectively in cross-functional teams.
- Portfolio showcasing previous conversation design projects and examples of well-crafted dialogue interactions.
MAKE A DIFFERENCE
Come work at a company where your voice matters and you can make a real impact beyond your specific job role. You will gain a view of the whole company fostered by open management and a flat organizational structure. Parlance is a team of smart people who care about each other and our customers. We support a healthy work/life balance and are enormously productive by respecting work hours and letting people live their lives and have their downtime.
If you are ready to be challenged, send us your resume and a cover letter that helps us understand what makes you right for this job.
Parlance is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Parlance is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
The compensation and benefits package at Parlance is designed to put people first:
- Comprehensive health care for you and your family
- 15-20 paid vacation days each year depending on tenure
- 10 paid holidays each year
- 10 paid sick days each year that can be used when you or a family member is sick. We don't think you should have to use vacation time for these unexpected circumstances.
- A supportive parental leave policy
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Budgeted learning/development and paid conference days
- We are a remote-first organization; anywhere in the US is OK within US ET, CT, MT, PT timezones
US work authorization is required; We are currently unable to sponsor visas for this or other roles. Principals only, please.