We have a fantastic opportunity in our Digital Service team for a Conversational Designer working on our Virtual Assistant. In Digital Service, we're an innovative bunch that pushes technology frontiers and builds capabilities that support our Digital estate e.g. Account and Help on Sky.com & App, Social and Community platforms as well as other conversational/assisted platforms including the IVR, Automated Voice Solutions, Messaging and Chat Bots (Sky Assistant).
This role will cover the world of Chat Bots which we call Sky Assistant. The Chat Bots we have available allow customers to interact with a bot during a messaging (SMS, WhatsApp etc) journey, on our Social channels or through our web based Virtual Assistant. Customers can use their own natural language to ask the bot for help and the bot will aim to either resolve the problem or cover some data capture steps before handing to an agent. We work closely with Sales teams to support the delivery of capability across the bot platform.
What you'll do:
- Work with the Senior Conversational Designer and Product Owner to help deliver the Sky Assistant vision and roadmap
- Work with business stakeholders to define requirements and create conversational designs/flows to be implemented in our Chatbot service
- Liaise with relevant business stakeholders to obtain approval/sign off for any conversational designs
- Work closely with Technology teams to deliver conversational journeys with integrated capabilities
- Build approved designs within the Chatbot's Content Management System/logic engine (IBM Watson Assistant)
- Work with Technology test teams to complete both functional and automated testing
- Read and interpret multiple data points & reports to understand performance and insight of conversational journeys.
- Use available systems/tools to identify bugs/faults and resolve in a timely manner
- Analyse, test and train our Chatbot's Natural Language (IBM Watson)
- Stay up-to-date with changes and enhancements to the software and tools you use on a regular basis
What you'll bring:
- It's great if you have any previous experience working on bots or with natural language (e.g. IBM Watson, Microsoft Luis, Amazon Lex) but we're also really interested to hear from anyone from a User Experience or Editorial background or interest. Your experience doesn't need to come from an enterprise/professional setting.
- You'll have a proactive nature, always looking to improve the product and yourself
- You'll have an eye for detail to ensure change is well thought through and successfully delivered
- You'll put the customer first and think about how they interact with our bots
- You'll have good analytical, strategic thinking and problem-solving skills to analyse and interpret business challenges or data
- You'll be able to pull, read and understand data from different sources and present the data in a digestible format for stakeholders (Excel experience is desirable)
- You'll have excellent verbal and written communication with the ability to simplify complex issues for all levels
Customer Service Group:
We enable our people to offer the best service in the country by creating epic experiences. Creating communication and learning experiences to support the most important customer and colleague moments across CSG. Most of all, we are an excitable bunch of creative people with specialist skills in five key areas; planning, idea generation, creative development, experiential and events.
There's a reason people can't stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
Where you'll work:
Dunfermline, Livingston or Leeds
Recognised as an 'Inclusive Top 50 Employer' and a 'Times Top 50 Employer for Women', we're working hard to ensure we're a truly inclusive place to work. This means we don't just look at your CV. We're more focused on who you are and the potential you'll bring to Sky. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we're happy to discuss flexible working!
And we'll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we'll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.