Content Design at Uber - San Francisco
Our design teams are focused not just on the functional, but also on joy and delight. We reimagine the way the world moves for the better by designing for users of all identities and abilities around the world.
About the role
As a conversation designer on the Content Design team, you’ll create, test, and deploy automated conversational interactions across the spectrum of Uber’s chat and voice products. Your work will help our customers interact with Uber through natural conversation, with a special focus on customer support. You’ll partner with teams across design, product, engineering, data science and more to scale the design, development, and deployment of conversation bots. You’ll also help drive innovation in Uber’s conversation offerings, testing and developing technologies for generative AI, dialog management, and intent modeling. And you’ll play an integral role in growing Uber’s content design practice by developing content guidelines and tools.
Location: San Francisco Mission Bay (hybrid)
Duration: 6-month contract to start, extension possible
What you'll do
- Design content for chat-based, spoken, and multichannel interactions in our apps
- Create long-term strategies that allow our assistive interfaces to scale globally
- Use metrics and research to inform and validate your work
- Collaborate with visual designers, engineers, product managers, product marketers, and others to bring your work to life
- Partner with legal, localization, and support to ensure your creations are appropriately and responsibly launched
- Work closely with our research team to better understand the needs of our riders, eaters, drivers, couriers, and merchant partners
- 2+ years of relevant experience
- A portfolio of samples that demonstrate your skill and efficiency in conversation design
- Degree in English, Psychology, Design, Linguistics, HCI or any area that emphasizes the analysis and use of language or narrative and systematic thinking
- Experience with modern technologies behind voice-based and chat-based interactive interfaces, such as natural language processing (NLP) and machine learning
- Background in user experience or product design; designing for interactive or assistive experiences in other contexts is also useful, as long as you can articulate how your approach might adapt to the world of apps
- Experience writing for graphical user interfaces or other writing meant to facilitate user goals and journeys
- Ability to strategically prioritize multiple projects
- Appetite for problem solving in a landscape that evolves quickly
At Uber, we welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward together!
If interested, please send an email to joseph.tyl[email protected]
with links to your LinkedIn profile and a portfolio.